1. Preheat the waffle maker.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt) and mix well. In another medium mixing bowl, whisk the wet ingredients:milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Pour 3/4 cup – 1 cup (depending on the size of your waffle maker) into the center of the grid.
5. Cook the waffle according to your waffle maker directions. Bake until golden brown, approximately 3-4minutes.
6. For sauce, crush the raspberries with water in a saucepan. Add sugar and cornstarch.
7. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer until raspberries have broken down and look like jam.
8. Serve waffles with raspberry sauce ormaple syrup.