The Lodge at Woodloch Provides a Forefront for Where the Forest and Foodies Unite
The Lodge at Woodloch has long been at the forefront of showcasing artfully crafted meals that have a healthy twist. The award-winning destination spa has embraced the desire for guests to truly know where their food comes from and how it is prepared. Guests can tour the on-property Blackmore Farm-to-Table garden where the chef and garden team grow herbs and vegetables for the restaurant and spa. The orchard, bee hives and healing garden are also huge draws. But much to the team’s surprise, the forest that surrounds the beautiful property is where the real harvest can be found.
Through the increased programming to meet the high demand of foodie offerings, the team has expanded the offerings to include Edible Plant Walks, Seasonal Foraging, and Forest Bathing. One of the most popular new offerings is the Edible Plant Walk that ends with a gourmet tasting of what can be found on our forest nature trails. Naturalist Heather Housekeeper was brought on board and ends her classes with a tasting of such delights such as Stinging Nettle Pesto on Cucumbers, Fiddlehead and Chanterelle Risotto and Potato Ramp Soup. This class is often a huge awakening for guests because they realize that plants they sometimes consider to be weeds at home can be packed with nutrients and prepared to impress guests!
Among some of the offerings designed to educated interested foodies to the exciting world of health conscious gastronomy include:
• Cooking and Baking Demonstrations
• Wine-tasting Classes
• Creative Cocktails Classes
• Detoxifying Green Juice Classes
• Chef In-Residence Series
• Food Inspired Spa Treatments such as Beer-Inspired Spa Treatments; Caviar Facial and
• Rosemary Awakening Body Treatment
• Nutritional Counselor Cooking Demos and Workshops
• Edible Plant Walks
• Themed weekends throughout the year such as November’s Food & Wine Month
The perfect way to truly get the full experience is by booking the Gourmand Getaway Package:
• Luxurious accommodations in a deluxe guest room
• Bottle of wine, Lodge at Woodloch wine key and cheese plate upon check-in
• Cooking and baking demonstrations
• One recipe notebook
• Custom amuse bouche with dinner from our chef
• One Lodge at Woodloch cutting board and two Lodge at Woodloch aprons to take home
• Signature trail mix as a ride-home snack from our chef
The package requires a two-night stay and is based on the Intro to Spa Package. Rates start at $482 per person, per night.
Visit thelodgeatwoodloch.com or Call 1-800-woodloch