Glendale, will surprise you
Like the dawn sky painted in a variety of hues, Glendale, Arizona and the surrounding West Valley will surprise you with its ever-hanging nature. Those who know the area will tell you: just when you think you know Glendale, you discover something new and something unexpected.The best way to start is with an overview of three distinct areas:
HISTORIC DOWNTOWN GLENDALE
Glendale’s historic downtown pairs gas lamp-style lighting and brick sidewalks with the verve of unique ethnic eateries and boutique shops. Nationally renowned for the unique shopping experience it provides, Glendale’s downtown is broken into two parts: the storefronts of Old Towne and the bungalow-turned-boutiques of Catlin Court.
A trip to downtown opens up a world of flavors and discovery at today’s hip mom-and-pop style business offerings.
SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT
Whether appealing to fans of the gridiron, the diamond or the ice, this district has it all.
• Gila River Arena, home of the NHL Arizona Coyotes.
• University of Phoenix Stadium, home of the Arizona Cardinals and the Fiesta Bowl.
• Westgate Entertainment District, a dynamic mix of restaurants and retail with an open-air style that invites fun and interaction.
• Tanger Outlets Westgate, a collection of more than 90 high-end outlet shops.
• Camelback Ranch-Glendale, spring training home to the Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers.
ARROWHEAD ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT
The Arrowhead area boasts one of the highest concentrations of restaurants and entertainment venues in the West Valley. At its center is Arrowhead Towne Center, an indoor shopping mall of 160-plus stores. Plan your getaway today at visitglendale.com.